Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Back to the Grind!

So I am back to work at "the day job" and actually was not dreading going back to work. Since my return from Cincinnati Andy and I took off this last week to take small trips and excursions around S. Cal and quite frankly had a wonderful time. Originally we had big plans to take an exotic trip somewhere but after sensible thinking we decided that after all the preparation and work for my photo shoot I may not want to travel so we opted for staying local and I am now quite glad that we did. My favorite excursion was the San Diego Zoo- we had such a nice time, great weather, lots of active animals and I got to finally use my new Cannon Rebel and take tons of pics! After a week of "down time" and mini trips about town, I finally got to relax and re center myself and I was actually ready to come back to work. Right now it seems that having a day job forces me to be structured with my art and my life and I am not so good at staying in vacation mode for very long, I need something to focus my energy on. So it is back to the grind for me but there will be lots to do- working on the writing for my book, planning workshops, preparing for students to return to USD and trying to just enjoy life and not worry so much about the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails