Thursday, September 18, 2008

The News...

I have been busy working on some more fun and creative projects that involve recycled materials and PAINT- (of course) one in particular is for a future Cloth Paper Scissors article and while I don’t want to divulge too much- I will share the beginnings of creating mixed media “fabric” made from fused plastic bags, scrap paper and newspaper (otherwise know as typical trash!) and lots of layers of paint!

In other news... I have been trying to be more thankful for the things in my life. With the current economic developments in the last few days, I have found myself feeling more and more thankful for my great, creative, and flexible day job. Hearing that so many people are struggling with just the normal stuff really has made me be want to be better at just embracing the goodness and the wonderful opportunities that today brings. I get so caught up in wanting things to be different- chasing my dreams to the point of never feeling like it is satisfying or enough- I forget how both me and my husband’s hard work has truly paid off in both of us having wonderful secure jobs that enable us to pursue our passions.

I am getting ready to head off to Las Vegas to join my husband at the end of a conference that he is attending this week. I have been lots of places but never Vegas (not sure it is up my alley- what else is there to do if you are not into drinking and gambling?!?!?!?) but its paid for and we love people watching and Cirque du Soleil AND we never celebrated our anniversary two weeks ago....so.....Vegas here I come!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails