Thursday, August 20, 2015

mandala baby body suits

When my friends over at iLoveToCreate asked if I would decorate some baby body suits with their Tulip Fabric Markers, I couldn't resist the challenge! I currently have a whole bunch of expecting mamas in my life and in my opinion, a one of a kind baby body suit or t-shirt makes the best gift.

I thought it would be fun to create mandala body suits as gift for my prego friends so I grabbed my fabric markers and got busy drawing a variety of tiny mandalas.




I like to start drawing a mandala by lightly tracing a circle in pencil- sometimes I use a compass but most of the time I use a bowl!

Next, I added a piece of cardboard to the inside of the bodysuit to make it easier to draw.

Then, using the pencil circle as my template, I began building a simple mandala design.

I wanted to keep my designs looking more like black line drawings but I couldn't resist adding a few pops of neon color!
I also couldn't resist getting messy with the process! I grabbed some Tulip Fabric Spray Paint  and added a layer of light color and then added my mandala drawings over the top.

The cool thing about the Tulip Fabric Makers is that you simply let then dry for 24 hours and then they are washable. SO EASY!
This is such a fun way to personalize a baby gift or you could even make it a baby shower activity.

9 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Bravo pour toutes ces belles idées de créations...

Gros bisous ❀

Francisca Nunes said...

Delicious present! Love it as always Alisa.

Patricia said...

Very cute idea.

Beth O'Brien said...

You colored outside the lines - perfect! Love it! You are a joy and an inspiration :)))

Hi! I'm Wendi! said...

These are just beautiful! If you fuse some freezer paper to the inside of the onesie before you draw, it will help stabilize the fabric even more - making it easier to draw on. It peels right off when you're done.

Unknown said...

Love this. I want to do my own t-shirts, too.

Brig said...

Just wonderful!!! As usual ...

miguerreroymiprincesa said...

Fantástico!!! Me encanta tooooodo lo que haces!!

Unknown said...

Lovely

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails